Saturday, January 26, 2008

Seven Unusual Facts about Me

I was tagged by wakeupandsmellthecoffee to produce 7 unusual facts about me. Wakeup tagged me ages ago...so long ago it's bordering on downright rude the amount of time that has elapsed. So my apologies for that.

It's never been far from my mind as I've been trying to think of some unusual facts....which is very difficult when you are not really an unusual person! However, what has finally spurred me on is that I've also been tagged by Barb to produce 6 Random Facts about myself and so I am going to cheat once and combine the two. I am also going to cheat twice and use five random facts that I blogged when I was last tagged for something similar about six weeks ago:-

Rules: Link to the tagger and post these rules on your blog. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


I am time-obsessive. I always have to know what the time is, even if I wake up in the middle of the night I have to check the clock. If I'm in danger of being late, I break out into a cold sweat and start to panic. About 10 years ago I stopped wearing a watch in an effort to break the habit - it helped a little, but not much!


I hold a valid Heavy Goods Vehicle licence and can drive anything up to, but not including, an articulated lorry (I think that's a semi to my American readers!)

I am a Reiki Master

I have a phobia of ladders. No problem with heights, just don't like getting to them via a ladder.

I'm allergic to aspirin. It gives me a migraine!

I have a terrible weakness for Turkish Delight and can devour a box in one sitting!

I can ride a horse. I'm not a very confident rider but it's something I wish I had more time to do.

As I've already tagged people for this one I shan't do so again but if you'd like to have go, please do!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello :)
Thanks for your comments on my blog (I haven't worked out how to prevent it from making me moderate the comments before they are displayed) they're both there now!

Hurrah for Fun Monday and interestingly random facts about people.

Fiona said...

Hi AOJ, I follow your blog with interest although I know that the comments are a little lacking....sorry.
I note that you are a Reiki Master. Does that mean that you can do distant healing? I know that it's a bit cheeky to ask... but Yogi (my dog) really could use some help with his cancer. Totally understand if it's impossible but hope you might be able to help?

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Fiona, have just left you a comment on your blog. And it's not cheeky at all!

Faye said...

AOJ can drive an "almost" semi? That's pretty handy for dog rescue, I imagine. I know I'm glad to have a car that will hold two large cages. In my limited experiences with transporting scared animals between rescue groups, a big concern was whether my driving skills would be up to the stress of driving with scared and aggressive dogs.

ChrisB said...

HGV license now that's impressive and a Reiki Master ~I bet you are in demand~ do you have a local practice where you live?

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

No I don't Chris. I used to but gave up "practice" and now just do it for friends and animals - mainly distance. There is a reason for that and it's too long to go into in a comment so maybe I'll do a blog on that one of these days!!

laurie said...

turkish delight. i'm not entirely sure what that is.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Ooh Laurie, if you have a sweet tooth you should try it! Wikipedia definition here for you! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lokum

kitten said...

I hate ladders also! Big Time! I also quite using a watch for the same reason and still have problems. I sorta like these kinda meme's bacause you get to know others a little better.

the rotten correspondent said...

I hate ladders and heights. Big time. And I have the same time issues as you. I love these memes.

Fun facts.

Pamela said...

articulated lorry ?

If I don't remember any of the other six, I will that.

Can you back it up using mirrors. Giggle/

Fiona said...

Thanks AOJ, I really appreciate your help.
Can you sign me up for Fun Monday? I'd like to play too :o)

Lord Hutton said...

Aspirin:Migraine. I agree

Sauntering Soul said...

Wow, you're a Reiki Master AND you can drive an almost semi truck? I bow to you!

Sandy said...

I love your new header as well as learning 7 new things about you!

Linda said...

Turkish Delight? What the heck is Turkish Delight? The kid on The Chroni(what)cles of Narnia wanted Turkish Delight... I thought he was talking about some kind of cigarette... apparently not.

Megnificent said...

I completely forgot to sign up for Fun Monday. Would you sign me up, please? So sorry! :)

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

I forgot I tagged you. Sorry. But this was a very interesting read. And why can you drive such big trucks?????