Friday, February 01, 2008

Water, water...not quite everywhere

It may only be a little leak in the roof but it's a little leak that's leaking straight onto the electricity fusebox.

I dragged Himself out of bed but after several tins of beer too many he can hardly see the ceiling let alone the leak. All he could say was "well what do you want me to do about it?"

Actually, I'd like you to do something to stop us all being fried in our beds please.

So if you hear a bang, don't panic, it's just my house exploding.

18 comments:

Faye said...

I feel your pain. My leak is over computer desk, not fuse box--potential for same disasters.

Beckie said...

Oh no, that doesn't sound good at all.

Unknown said...

Scary! I think it's also kinda scary thinking about himself trying to fix it in his current condition. Is it not to where you can put a bowl above the box? Is it straight down into the pipe where the wires are, inside the box? You might be able to block that with something on the outside of the house temporarily if you knew where it went it.

*shaking* No boom.

Anonymous said...

You need to fashion a little channel out of sliced bamboo to redirect the stream away from the fuse box, and into a little water-wheel powering a fiendishly complicated machine.

Flowerpot said...

oh no not leaks!

Lesley Rigby said...

If I used the suggestion Stu has just made I would find that nothing was ever done and I would still have the leak 10 years on. It would just be something else to make viewers eyes pop when they came to view the house!

Andre Veloux said...

You never paint a particularly useful picture of Himself. Is this what you had in mind when you first met and you imagined his strong arms etc. etc? ;)

the rotten correspondent said...

Oh, god. I hope you get it worked out quick.

Water is not our friend this week.

ChrisB said...

Now where have I heard those words before~ oh yes embee utters them quite regularly!
Hope you get it fixed soon.

Fiona said...

Hi AOJ. Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon. I have talked to Yogi (not wacky all) and so hope you have managed to connect. Fingers crossed, he needs it. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Yuck leaks. Annoying things aren't they.

Our roof leak is above the desk and so is also above a bank of electrical sockets but it is currently plugged with towel. It may not solve the issue but it makes me feel better for a while... or at least until we can find a roofer to reflash the chimney that doesn't require a small mortgage to be taken out!

Our window (and it's a new flippin' window!) leak is another matter altogether but ho hum - one thing at a time.

Hope you are all leak free and dry again very soon!

Anonymous said...

Chuckling at Lord Huttons comment!

If it's as cold where you are as it is here, you may be glad of the heat source....!

Sauntering Soul said...

Oh dear. This doesn't sound good. A drunk guy, a water leak and a fuse box sounds like the beginning of a good joke. But it's definitely not.

Pamela said...

call a roofer and an electrician. That might get hi$ attention!

Alison said...

Yikes!! Is it fixed yet?? Are you still there?

kitten said...

OGees! Wash than man's face with cold water and give him somm coffee!
I thought when you said if we hear a big bang it would be you hitting him. LOL!
Hope you get this fixed soon.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Fire extinguisher beside your bed, maybe?

Anonymous said...

Hope you have insurance!!!